Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Iolanthe, 1960

 Barbara Federer as Iolanthe -- David Green as the Lord Chancellor

 Jeffrey Baker as Strephon -- Carol Scott as Phyllis

 Tolloller/Mountararat -- David Green as the Lord Chancellor -- Tolloller/Mountararat
(It's hard to tell which Lord is which, but Franklin Menkin played Mountararat and Brian Cooper played Tolloller)

 Entrance of the peers

Dyer Grossman as Private Willis -- Mrs. Donald Crim as the Fairy Queen

 Production in Barnes Hall Auditorium, Cornell University; and at Cortland High School, Cortland.

3 comments:

  1. As best I remember, the Fairy Queen actually had a name of her own. We never called her "Mrs. Donald" at rehearsals. I think - mind I say I think - her name was Patricia.
    Judy (Shulman) Weis (aka fairy on the immediate stage right of FQ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name was indeed Patricia. Thanks. I should have examined more critically the material that I inherited from the previous Cornell Savoyards website!

      Delete
  2. In the photograph of the three of us, Frank is stage right of me (to my left as you are looking at us) and Brian is stage left. In those days, Brian drove a tiny Nash Metropolitan convertible, and he was a big guy -- well over six feet and 200 lbs. After rehearsals we would pile seven guys into it and drive downtown for coffee. Sadly, Brian died of complications of diabetes several years ago. I don't know Frank's whereabouts.

    ReplyDelete